Sunfish sailing off the Texas coast

sblanck

Anyone here sail off of any of the Texas state parks or other RV beach parks off the Texas coast?
I have always done all my sailing on the Texas lakes.
Do you have a state park or RV park that was nice and didnt hassle you about using the boat dolly to get to the beach?

Thanks

Magnolia Beach on Matagorda Bay (near Port Lavaca) has a beach that you can launch and retrieve from. I have retrieved both my O'Day Day Sailer II and my O'Day Mariner off the beach there at the end of the Texas 200. I was able to back the trailer right into the water. A Sunfish would be easy to launch and retrieve there. It is also a fairly decent beach.

John

Thanks John,
I contacted Galveston state park and they had no problem with me using a dolly and taking my boat from the campsite down to the beach.

Since you mention Galveston Island State Park, if you haven't considered it you may want to try the Texas City dike in Galveston Bay which is relatively near by. No RV facilities unfortunately, but the 5+ mile long dike acts to keep the water smooth on its downwind side while not impeding the wind's progress, which is a big plus. And there's lots of beach to put in from (and docks too, if you're so inclined).

Back