Sunfish PVC dolly with a handle

My 13 year old son made that last week. Took him about 2 hours to complete. I cut all the parts on the chop saw. I showed him how to read your plans and use the the PVC primer and glue. He did the rest. Our handle is made for 1 1/2" pipe. I was unable to find the the reducer Tee you use. Also had to use a 5/8" rod for the axle as my tire are from Harbor Freight and have 5/8" center. I think the had ones that are larger but these will work. That you for plans and all the work you put in tot them.

Attachments

My wife found your plans, thanks so much. Saved us a some cash and was a nice addition to our sunfish restoration. Just a tip to any who may not have used pvc primer and glue before.... that stuff sets up fast.

Ghost Rider

Planing into eternity...
Tag is King o' the PVC Dollies, nobody builds 'em better, LOL. That PVC glue will give ya a nasty headache too if it's used in an enclosed space or area which is not well-ventilated... I think some crackerheads huff it to get high, same way some crackerheads huff paint, Lord only knows what their addled brains look like. :confused:

Interesting dollies you guys are making. I was searching around for info on small homebuilt wooden dollies and found this guy on Youtube putting his boat on a homemade dolly. Link below. No info on the dolly but it looks like something I may like to make. Using wood is my personal preference, no knocks on the pvc options.

His cradle with the rollers looks like a custom job too. That is cool and is something I may like to build for the bed of my truck-(think I mentioned that in a previous post)

Hi Signal, I didn't keep close track but I think I came in under $150. The wheels were $25 each so they were the brunt of the cost. I am going up to a lake about an hour and a half north of here to sail today and maybe camp a night or two so I'll see how this the dolly works really soon. How's Smedley; I wiki-ed Smedley Butler, very interesting guy!