Sunfish Pickin Pensacola Beach FL

signal charlie

Staff member
Got offered a 1986 AMF boat, recently sailed a Pensacola Beach. Looks like she was a racer at one point, someone added a stand up ratchet block and deck jam cleats. She weighed in at 150, has great spars, mast and, daggerboard and rudder.
Going to rejuvenate the gelcoat, varnish a bit, new sail, lines, bailer and bow handle.

But first "Catherine" got a tour of the Gulf Island National Seashore.

Anyone have any pictures of this color scheme with sail and stripes?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 52
Hi Charlie.... that looks exactly like a boat I used to sail in Dog River. I originally bought it in St Pete.... brought it to Mobile, then sold it to a guy who used it on Dauphin Island. Later I heard he sold it over your way. I wonder if it's the same boat?

As far as pictures go, I wish I had some. Mine had a Blue / White sail.

I found my current boat in Mobile... but only after a considerable search. Most of the boats I've seen here for sale are either beat to pieces, or way too pricey. I don't know why that is. I'd have to agree that NW Florida is a better place to look.

Got the hull compounded and waxed, then we put on a new bow handle, bailer and 60th Anniversary sail. Fresh coat of varnish. New lines. Sold to a buyer in Hattiesburg, he is delighted.

Catherine starboard bow.jpg

I found my current boat in Mobile... but only after a considerable search. Most of the boats I've seen here for sale are either beat to pieces, or way too pricey. I don't know why that is. I'd have to agree that NW Florida is a better place to look.
That is what I found as well. Junk or too $$ for my budget. Mine came from Daphne but the seller picked it up it from NW FLA

Back