• SailingForums.com will be unavailable during parts of the day today, 5/20/2018 (US ET, GMT -4) as we make major server and software updates.

Sunfish parts needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
Looking for basically everything for a 1978 Sunfish - just got a hull (only), for free. Interested in good parts cheap - not overpriced used parts! I've owned, repaired, refurbished & resold hundreds of Sunfish & Lasers years ago when living on Cape Cod...

Thread starter #4
You got that right Mi Amigo! As the old saying goes: "One man's trash..."
Actually I could shop anywhere on the East Coast as I frequently make runs up & down the Atlantic seaboard delivering & picking up trailers, boats & misc. parts.
It's fun to be "semi-retired"(sic), in other words: out-of-work-without-a-pension...

Looking for basically everything for a 1978 Sunfish - just got a hull (only), for free. Interested in good parts cheap - not overpriced used parts! I've owned, repaired, refurbished & resold hundreds of Sunfish & Lasers years ago when living on Cape Cod...
Alan,

Not sure if you're still looking but I have a mast and spars I am trying to sell. Had a rudder but it's sold. I'm in NJ and here is the craigslist ad I've posted:
Sunfish mast, spars and sail

Mike -
Cranford, NJ

Hi all!

I worked at a Boy Scout camp in Upstate New York in my teen years (late 1980's) where part of my job was to teach small boat sailing. I had a passion for it and, when the camp upgraded equipment, I was "gifted" most of a 1963 AMF Alcort Sunfish which I still have including the hull (in good shape - everything from handle to gudgen), boom set and daggerboard. I now live in Central Florida and I plan to teach my kids how to sail. Part of it will be to build the rudder/tiller but I'm looking for an inexpensive mast and sail (both used or new). Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi all!

I worked at a Boy Scout camp in Upstate New York in my teen years (late 1980's) where part of my job was to teach small boat sailing. I had a passion for it and, when the camp upgraded equipment, I was "gifted" most of a 1963 AMF Alcort Sunfish which I still have including the hull (in good shape - everything from handle to gudgen), boom set and daggerboard. I now live in Central Florida and I plan to teach my kids how to sail. Part of it will be to build the rudder/tiller but I'm looking for an inexpensive mast and sail (both used or new). Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Hi I'm in south Florida the Alan S Glos on this thred has what you and I need you want to split shipping to Florida the mast? Tex me 3055429198

I can't ship a Sunfish mast (way too expensive) but I do have a nice rudder and tiller that would fit a 1963 fiberglass Sunfish, $125 + shipping. Contact me at: aglos@colgate.edu if interested in the rudder/tiller and/or see my ad on the "For sale" section here on the Sunfish Forum. Photos attached, rudder "X"

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.