Sunfish names

jwind

Hi,

I'm new to this. My daughter is a proud new Sunfish owner. She has been refurbishing used parts and is thinking of a name for her boat, but when she asked if I knew any names given to Sunfish, I drew a blank. I oowned and sailed Sunfish back in the day, but I can't remember if any of the boats I had or raced with had names. Do any of you have named boats? Know of other names? Is there a proper place to paint the name? Any advice appreciated!

I have many boats and I put my names in about the middle and about an inch above the water line and I think it looks good.

My two Sunfish are called: Awerican Pie & Popsicle Toes. Used magic marker on stern. Previous Sunfish was named: Deja vu. Thinking about renaming one: Graceless Lady and putting the Rolling Stones "tongue" where the Sunfish logo goes.

Al Courtines

Thanks for the information. Interestingly, Miranda's first thought for a name was "Ruby Tuesday", after the Stones song, and she was thinking of incorporating tongue logo as well.

Regards, Jonathan

Thats a great idea. Transom on a Sunfish seems too small and is obscured by the rudder. Besides, the twelve meters put the name midships, so it evokes a grand tradition. I'll pass the idea to my daughter.

Thanks, Jonathan

Back