News Sunfish Midwinters

Until the middle of January, I was planning to participate in the regatta. Unfortunately I badly broke my arm and had reconstructive surgery. So, I will not able to sail until the arm is fully healed.

It was fun to watch the races, but definitely torture at times. I would have loved to be on the water in my Sunfish with everyone!

Derek, I appreciated the updates but I was wondering why didn't you sail in the regatta?

Cindy Taylor

Derek:

Even though it was torture for you, your correspondence as a non-participating racer gave a perspective that few on the course could offer (especially those of us in the back of the fleet). It was my only way of knowing what had happened "way up there."

Thanks,
Kevin

What a great job by Steve Olive and all the volunteers at Edison Sailing Center!! ESC does an outstanding job in the community of promoting sailing and offering instructional and ongoing sailing opportunities to youngsters and adults. If you get a chance, talk with Steve about the programs he has. Good model for Sailing Clubs and Community Programs. I'm sure there are others that are also good models.

All the participants received a tremendous value for the entry fee of $90. A favor, a memento, 3 lunches, 3 continental breakfasts, 2 dinners, beverages, including beer, every day. The RC did a commendable job in trying conditions. A debrief on the day's race management which included several competitors showed a willingness by the RC to listen to the sailors.

Many thanks to all the ESC crew for a great job! Congrats to all of us who enjoyed the competition and comraderie.

Back