News Sunfish Mid-Atlantic Regional (Green Pond)

(From Joe Wright)

YOU ARE INVITED TO ATTEND:
THE HOWARD GRISWOLD MEMORIAL SUNFISH REGATTA
&
Mid-Atlantic Sunfish Regional Championship
July 7th and 8th 2007 @ The Green Pond Yacht Club 7 Dawson Drive, Green Pond, NJ 07435
Saturday's Schedule:
· 7:00-9:00 A.M. Boat washing 7:00-9:00
· Registration and Breakfast
9:30 Skipper's Meeting
10:00 First Race
No race started after 1500 hrs.
Sunday's Schedule:
· 8:30 Breakfast
· 9:00 Skipper's Meeting
· 9:30 First Start
· Lunch will be served at the end of Racing
Trophies awarded after lunch
*All boats must be power washed at Green Pond prior to launching.
GPYC will be hosting its annual Beefsteak Dinner on Saturday night. Please see the Beefsteak registration info below for details. Separate reservations are needed no later than July 3rd.
Kindly RSVP by e-mail or phone if you will be attending the Regatta.
Spectator Boats will be available, so bring the family.
We look forward to seeing you!!!!
Thank you,
Joe Wright
GPYC Sunfish Fleet Captain
973-620-1349
e-mail [email protected]

Information
1. Current Sunfish Class Rules will apply.
2. Skipper must be a member of US Sunfish Class and provide proof of membership, even if we know you. (Membership forms will be available at registration.)
3. Low point scoring system will be used.
4. One throw-out race will be allowed for scoring of 6 or more races.
Awards
1st place through 5th place trophies awarded for the Howard Griswold Memorial Regatta./Mid Atlantic Regional Championship
Top Junior - not reached 18th birthday by December 31, 2003.
Fees
$45 per boat - includes awards, breakfasts, and lunches. Non Sailor Lunches are available for $5.00 per person
Directions
Route 80 to Exit 37N (route 513N, also known as Green Pond Rd.) Just past mile marker 54, turn left onto Johnson Rd. Follow signs
Route 23 Exit on route 513/Green Pond Rd. Head south 4 miles to Johnson Rd. make a right and follow signs.
Saturday Beefsteak Dinner Information
Reservation need to be made no later than Tues. July 3rd, 2007
Please call me @ 973-620-1349 so that I can make a reservation for you.
Dinner includes all you can eat beefsteak (or chicken substitute if requested), fries, salad, dessert, soda & entertainment.
Cost per person: $29.50
Make a separate check payable to: Green Pond Yacht Club
Please Don’t forget to let me know about the Beefsteak if you are planning to attend as we have to have the reservations in by the 3rd of July.

Hotel Information
Best Western the Inn at Rockaway
14 Green Pond Road, Rockaway, NJ 07866 - (973) 625-1200 8miles from the GPYC
Hampton Inn
350 Morris Avenue, Denville, NJ 08859 - (973) 664-1050 8.5miles from the GPYC
Hilton Garden Inn
375 Mount Hope Avenue, Rockaway, NJ 07866 - (973) 328-0600 10 miles from the GPYC
Mountain Inn at Rockaway
156 US Highway 46, Rockaway, NJ 07866 - (973) 627-8310 12 miles from the GPYC

###

(From Joe Wright)

YOU ARE INVITED TO ATTEND:
THE HOWARD GRISWOLD MEMORIAL SUNFISH REGATTA
&
Mid-Atlantic Sunfish Regional Championship
July 7th and 8th 2007 @ The Green Pond Yacht Club 7 Dawson Drive, Green Pond, NJ 07435
Saturday's Schedule:
7:00-9:00 A.M. Boat washing

I was considering traveling to this regatta, but I am pretty concerned about the power washing requirement. I gather that the local citizens don't want alien stuff in their lake, but I do wonder whether the seals/caulking on my hull can stand the high pressure (how high?) cleaning. I wouldn't want water in the hull for obvious reasons. Does anybody know what Vanguard thinks of powerwashing a fish? My boat is almost new (no inspection port) and I don't want to ruin it.

Any other advice on 'power washing'?

Thanks!

kevin,
The powerwashing at GP is done by you so you can controll the amount of pressure by maintaining a good amount of distance from the nozzle to the hull. We do not want to compromise anyones boat and we cant compromise the lake by not cleaning off the lake boats. Don't let this keep you from attending, we will work with you.

Joe

One of my good friends went to Green Pond a few years ago. The power washing was inconsequential, he experienced no leaks and appreciated the insect removal! Don't let that be a reason not to go!!:D

I have sailed at Green Pond and had my boat power washed more times than I can remember over the last 15 years. It has never been an issue with any of my boats. Additionally, I have never heard of anyone having a problem. In fact, most people like it because the boat is really clean after it is finished.

Anyone know if there is camping allowed on-site at Green Pond YC? Or maybe somewhere close by?

Thanks

Eric Woodman

Back