Sunfish mast?

Mycoman

I have a mast that I thought was for a Sunfish. I haven't had a Sunfish or Sailfish for years, but found I have an extra mast. I'd like to sell it and wanted to verify that it is the correct length. However, I measured it to be 12 feet whereas Sunfish specs s
IMG_1517.JPG
ay 10 feet. Did they ever make a taller mast, or what might this be for?

Not for Sunfish, might have been for a clonefish like a Phantom or some other boat. That cap is like the one used on Sunfish, and the mast could easily be cut to 10 feet to make a Sunfish mast

Mast -

Style: Round Tube
Finish: Clear Anodized
Length: 10' (3.05 m)
OD: 2-1/4" (57.15 mm)
Wall Thickness: .083" (2.11 mm)

Sailor Frank is in CT and looking for a mast (see the Wanted section of this Sunfish forum). I think I sent him your way if you’ve got a posting on craigslist. I’m sure he’d be willing to cut it down to 10’ and would probably find a use for the remaining 2’!

I have a mast that I thought was for a Sunfish. I haven't had a Sunfish or Sailfish for years, but found I have an extra mast. I'd like to sell it and wanted to verify that it is the correct length. However, I measured it to be 12 feet whereas Sunfish specs...
That mast may have been used for a different Alcort product. The plastic part number could lead to other models that fit. (And you can't add length).

I have a larger-diameter orphan mast--recovered from a pile of hurricane debris. For whatever boat mine (or yours) was intended, the prospective buyer might pay a premium to get it.

Back