Sunfish Mast, Repaired from a fracture...

Status
Not open for further replies.

L&VW

Thread starter #1
Original Sunfish mast broke in windstorm, then repaired with a sleeve--stronger than new! Ready for local pick-up, but call or text for alternative delivery options.

I also have NEW masts for sale in New Hampshire--and in Florida, if you can wait a few months!

L&VW

Thread starter #3
If you are local, can you pick it up? Otherwise, I have to take it apart for shipment.

L&VW

Thread starter #5
Local shipping office, fair-minded owner, is closed today. Will check on best way this week. Don't think we have Greyhound anywhere close.

L&VW

Thread starter #11
Any luck with shipper for price?
Unexpected weekend guests. A trip to town will have to wait. Thursday, I meet with a lawyer, so its Thursday at the latest.

My ZIP is 03894, if you want to take your old mast, explain the situation, and get an estimate from your ZIP. Add 2 pounds for the sleeve, and I'll accept your estimate. (And ship it Thursday).

L&VW

Thread starter #12
Any luck with shipper for price?
To Alabama, shipping is going to be $57. :confused: Asked if it could be shipped without a box, the shipper's price had previously been "adjusted" to remain the same. :rolleyes: As it's a few inches "over-sized", so, to get it under their 8-foot maximum, I'd have to make another cut. :(

IMHO, find a local vendor of 2¼" o.d. aluminum pipe @ .083 wall thickness instead and start with a "fresh" mast.

L&VW

Thread starter #15
Heading to Florida, using I-77, some time in the last two weeks of September. Will be carrying one new mast, and this one repaired mast.

L&VW

Thread starter #16
I'll be leaving for Florida on September 30th (or 31st).

I'll be carrying one repaired—and one new (minimum)—Sunfish anodized mast on my truck, making two brief stops at Tamaqua, PA and Columbia, SC. That puts me at two prolonged stops at Lake Placid, FL, Oct 2 or 3. (...and about the middle of the Florida Keys...Nov 2/3)

I'm a newbie at fixing Sunfish masts, but I can give $20 credit on salvageable/broken/unsightly ~10' masts. (For resale here).

Cash always works, but I can take PayPal.

L&VW

Thread starter #17
Odd, my cellphone picked up your message, but it doesn't appear here.

When I'm traveling, I'm On A Mission! And, we're at different ends of Virginia. (There's no "nearby")

So I'll "pass" on your offer.

L&VW

Thread starter #18
Last chance for one new anodized mast or one repaired anodized mast. With one week left, I won't have the opportunity to ship them, but available for picking-up near Sebring, Florida. (On a map, exactly midway between St. Petersburg and Ft. Pierce).

Status
Not open for further replies.