Sunfish hull lines

JPitman

My family owns an early 70s sunfish with a rather beat hull that seems to need some sort of repair every year - installed inspection ports/dried it out/reglued foam, repaired fine cracks. It has seen some hard use from many people over the years. Now that it is all banged up I appear to be the sole user (youngest in the family)
I'm considering replacing it by building a wooden one. One of my goals is to reduce to reduce the wieght. I also enjoy working with wood.
I do know the original wooden kits came with some rather thick ply (perhaps overkill).
I welcome comments on my weight reduction goal. I'm sure stiffness is a concern.
Would anyone have a document with the hull lines, or even better, the complete plans for a wood hull?

My family owns an early 70s sunfish with a rather beat hull that seems to need some sort of repair every year -

I'm considering replacing it by building a wooden one. One of my goals is to reduce the wieght. I also enjoy working with wood.

I do know the original wooden kits came with some rather thick ply (perhaps overkill).

Would anyone have a document with the hull lines, or even better, the complete plans for a wood hull?
How thick was that old wood? Any idea of the original hull weight?

Here's a couple of plan sets I'm aware of.

MiniCup

MiniCup.JPEG

Moonfish

MF14_blue_250.jpg

Back