Sunfish Forum Outage Explanation

Bradley

Admin/Operations
Staff member
Dear Member,

As you may have noticed The Sunfish Forum experienced database issues over the last several days that eventually rendered the site useless most of the day on Monday. I want to first assure you that the site was not hacked and your personal information is secure.

In an attempt to bring you better service I hired an outside contractor to do some customized programming/coding to The Sunfish Forum and our sister sites. This contractor grossly overstated his abilities. The required downtime started off at none, went to an hour, to 2-3 hours, to the end of the day Monday, to soon. I was left with no choice but to pull the plug on the project this afternoon and begin personally undoing the changes made. As of 10pm CT tonight The Sunfish Forum was fully back online and ready for your posts.

If you haven’t been by the site in a while I encourage you to login and join the discussion. It may still be too cold to sail in your area (It snowed here in Alabama Sunday!) but the atmosphere is always warm and friendly on the forum! Thanks for your membership and have a great day.

Warm Regards,
Bradley Green

Back