Sunfish decals???

Falcon

Alright here is another weird question. Where can i find new sunfish Logos and decals at for my restoration? Also stripings?

Jonathon

The sail logo's aren't available as they are silk screened onto the sails and are not a decal. The stripping is also molded into the deck. You can by tape that will look fairly like the factory stripes.

Awww really? Thats not good news. Where can i find the sticker strips? And will they hold up to the water?

Any good marine catalog will have the tape. It does as Alcort used it for several years back in the early days before they learned how to put the striping into the gelcoat in the molds. Figure 4-5 years before it'll need replacing.
Another option is what I did with one fish and that was to simply tape off the stripe area with masking tape and paint stripes on.

Yeah, the second option is what i was thinking. But i may just use gelcoat instead of paint. Im going to sand and get a pro to regel deck and hull. Hopefully it will turn out nice. I think im pretty much going to flip it, where the color is on the hull and the white is on the deck. Thanks for the advise.

Jonathon

Back