Summer job.

Slusek

Hello everybody.
This summer I am going to USA for Work & Travell programme. I am wondering if I could work there as a laser coach. Does anyone know any yacht-club looking for a choach or an sailing instructor for summer? My sailing exeperience is:
1990 - 1996 sailing on Optimist
1996 - 2000 Laser and Laser Radial
2000+ Laser coach in my club.
My best personal result is 15th overall at the Laser Radial Youth World Championschips in La Rochelle in 1999 and few medals on Polish Championships (Laser and Laser Radial).
Sailors, that I trained also have good results - few medals on Polish Championschips and one of them - Karol Gorski was 8 at European Youth Laser Radial Championships in Austria in 2002.
I would be very grateful for any help or information. For any further help, please contact me: [email protected]

Actively seek out clubs with junior programmes and write/e-mail to them. Search web sites and club directories...

There is a guy at my club who goes to south carolina and teaches juniors how to sail all summer. Sounds like the life.

Speaking of slow...have you been keeping up with the America's Cup. Those boats fly. They go 8 kts upwind in 12 kts. of breeze.

y know thats the thing im doing it for summer 3 days at sea 110 miles big fun y guess im the first crazy teen to try it

i doing it with a friend both in 1 laser with a boat behind us ALL THE WAY DOWN WIND FUN

but it was very hard to get the papers harbor master permission

I always had a dream to be the first kid to sail from Newburyport, Ma, where I live, Down to Florida. Of course it was never a realistic dream but deffinately would be cool. The hardest part would be getting out of our river mouth. The Merrimak River Is the 2nd most dangerous harbor on the east coast. Last summer I was with my dad when we were delivering a 41 ft sailboat and coming out of that harbor we hit a 20ft breaking rouge wave right between the two jetties. We were soaked and a LOCKED hatch was ripped off but we still made it!

Back