storing the boat on the water / slip ok?

rchick

I am thinking of buying a 14.2 that been kept in the water/ slip. Are there any issues that come from storing it on the water VS. dry dock?

Thanks

If it is kept in salt water, and maybe fresh, you will need to paint the bottom with antifouling paint. That will slow down, but not stop the marine growth from forming. I store my 28' boat in a slip in salt water and need to have the bottom cleaned every other month, and my diver would like me to have him do it every month. Other than that, I cannot think of any problems with keeping it in the water. A person a few slips away from mine keeps his 16' Catalina in the slip year round, and pulls up on the dock once a month to clean it himself, a bit messy but can be done. A 14.2 would be real easy to pull up and clean.

I see you live in T.O. I live in Oxnard and sail both Channel Islands Harbor and Ventura Harbor. If you get the boat we can sail together sometime. In fact, if you have never sailed a 14.2, I am willing to take you out on mine before you buy one.

gregwcoats -

You're in Oxnard?

I was out there just a little while back; I would love to catch up with you when I'm out again. Maybe take a boat ride with you and see how you handle your Capri.

Let's keep in touch about that!

Back