Storing Laser outside on 2 bunkers

Jtbros

Hi folks, I’m looking to store a laser at a boat ramp this summer. The storage however is 2 cross beams and uncovered. I have a steel galvanized dolly I usually store the boat on year round which supports it under the deck rails and I put a top cover on it while it rests on there. Would the best move be putting it on the rack on the dolly? Only worry is the spacing of them and the dolly being too short (I’ll have to take measurements). Or would I be better served storing the boat upside down with some padding on the rack? My main worry in this scenario is water pooling in the gunnels. I attached a few photos showing the rack and the boat on the dolly. TIA.

Attachments

• 2259167A-5E34-4303-88C7-AB476C63B0B6.jpeg
    2259167A-5E34-4303-88C7-AB476C63B0B6.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 63
  • 56E68ED8-818F-404C-A82D-F5E4A089C707.jpeg
    56E68ED8-818F-404C-A82D-F5E4A089C707.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 68
Storing it upside down on the rack would be best for stress on the hull. Storing it upright on the dolly will speed your launch retrieval time. If you can figure out a way to get the dolly up on to the rack, more power to you.

People who don't sail small dinghies, or at least not very often, like storing them upside down on racks to save space. People who sail small dinghies often like storing them on dollies for speed and convenience of launching. For me, being able to launch the boat quickly and by myself is of key importance. I never liked fumbling with it, having to find someone help me flip it over and put it on the rack.

Storing it upside down on the rack would be best for stress on the hull. Storing it upright on the dolly will speed your launch retrieval time. If you can figure out a way to get the dolly up on to the rack, more power to you.

People who don't sail small dinghies, or at least not very often, like storing them upside down on racks to save space. People who sail small dinghies often like storing them on dollies for speed and convenience of launching. For me, being able to launch the boat quickly and by myself is of key importance. I never liked fumbling with it, having to find someone help me flip it over and put it on the rack.
Exactly why I’d want to store it right side up as well. I’m thinking if anything I can put some padding on the ground where the stern hits if the rack isn’t too far spaced apart for the dolly. That’s how I self load the dolly on my trailer to begin with. Only other concern is a breeze catching it but can lash it down to the rack as well.

Back