What's new

Spring Sunfish Sail Sale

Alan S. Glos

I have three used Sunfish recreational sails for sale. All three are freshwater use only. Compare to $300 + for comparable Class legal sails:

Blue and Yellow
. A North, Class legal. Came off a 2004 Sunfish. It is in overall very good condition with excellent aerodynamic shape. When I acquired it it had several small rodent chewed holes that I had professionally repaired by Bay Sails in Sodus Point, NY. $145 + shipping.

Blue and White. North, class legal. Brand new, never used but got some rodent holes while in storage. Professional repairs made by Bay Sails in Sodus Bay, NY. $180 + shipping.

Red and White.
North, class legal. Came off a 2009 lightly used Sunfish. Overall excellent condition. No holes, rips or repairs. Lots of crackle left; crisp logo. Excellent
aerodynamic shape. $175 + shipping.

Interested? Questions? Reply here or e-mail me at: aglos@colgate.edu I will need your mailing address to compute shipping.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

Attachments

Alan S. Glos

Update. The Blue and Yellow sail has sold but the Blue and White and the Red and White sails are still available for sale.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

Alan S. Glos

Replace your old Sunfish sail without breaking the bank! Blue and white and Red and White sails still avaiolable.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

guerdon smith

Alan, I am. restoring a Hilu, and need a sail, daggerboard, and new style rudder . Do you know if the parts will fit, and the sail is the same? Thanks for your help.

Alan S. Glos

Guerdon,

I have seen photos of an AMF Hilu but I have no first hand knowledge about how interchangable the parts are with a Sunfish. Maybe others reading these posts will know. Sorry I can't be of more help. Kent Lewis (AKA Signal Charlie here on the Forum) may know. Try him.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

guerdon smith

Alan, I did some noodling around and found the sails and spars are too short for the normal Sunfish. I am interested in the rudder with the metal cassette and a daggerboard [nice job on the refinishing]. My zip is 93110 if you would be so kind as to tell me the total price with shipping we should be able to work something out, guerdon@silcom.com.

Alan S. Glos

Guerdon,

I am sold out of rudders but I still have the last Barrington design Sunfish daggerboard for sale (daggerboard "Y" in my ad) for $80 + shipping. Are you still interested in this daggerboard? If so, please reply with your full mailing address and I will box up the daggerboard and get you a shipping quote. Shipping to ZIP 93110 (Santa Barbara, CA?) is likely to be a little pricey but this is a very nicer daggerboard. UPS is the best value.

I may be able to help you find a rudder assembly from one of my Sunfish parts friends. LKet me know if you want a referral.

Please let me know either way about the daggerboard. Thanks.

Alan Glos