spray top

keenbean

hi all,

I'm searching for a spray top and just wondering what ppl go for? I do a few events so would like a pocket in it - what has worked well for you guys and girls?

thanks

My Ronstan breathable has worked great for 3 seasons now, only problem is the velcro around the neck closure scratching my "Turkey neck"... Otherwise warm and dry when its cold, and nice when its warmer

I have both the rooster aquafleece and a gill thermal top. Both work really well at keeping you warm and dry. The gill is slightly drier than the aquafleece as it has taped seams.

I don't worry about pockets in spray tops as once you put a buoyancy aid on you can't get to a spray top pocket anyway. My buoyancy aid (rooster ladies) has a good size pocket on the front instead.

Having used both id say go for the 'new' style gill thermal top over the rooster 1. Much nicer package all round, feels nicer, drier, and decent waist seal to stop it riding it up.

Consider the spay tops used by kayakers. I find mine is well suited to the Laser - designed for upper body movement, breathable, draining pocket in front and considerably discounted over the name-brand dinghy sailing spray tops.

I use a Henri Lloyd Spray top that cost a relatively cheap $60. It fits over my pfd, has a kangaroo pocket, protects well against the wind and water, and stays snug on my waist. It is also white color which is supposed to reflect heat during warmer days.

I think wet wear is generally anything that is designed to be worn while wet.

Musto MPX for big keelboat sailing
HenriLLoyd TP2 for the laser/dinghy sailing - packs down smaller to fit in my small dry bag
Dont worry about the smock to have pockets. Shorts and your PFD have enough pockets for typical on the course race gear.

Attachments

• yhst-32154317745271_2094_28181221.gif
    yhst-32154317745271_2094_28181221.gif
    32.5 KB · Views: 49
  • yhst-32154317745271_2090_7017781.gif
    yhst-32154317745271_2090_7017781.gif
    25.7 KB · Views: 59
hi all,

I'm searching for a spray top and just wondering what ppl go for? I do a few events so would like a pocket in it - what has worked well for you guys and girls?

thanks

Are you using the spray top to keep warm or dry?

I use the Rooster Aquafleece in Winter. During summer I don't worry about getting wet, I just wear a rashy over the top of everything else for sun protection or occassional a Ronstan Spray Jacket on days when it's raining. Underneath, I'm either wearing a sleeveless rashy or SEA Titanium top when it's cold and the PFD.

I have had Gill, Henri Lloyd, Musto and others and now I splurged and bought Atlantis gear, it is the best hands down. light, breathable and very durable. spend a little more get the best, and it has pockets. I got my in MI at Award & Sports www.awardandsports.com
he offers great deals

anything waterproof will work you can get a spray top or even a nice waterproof jacket but i dont have a preferance. anything sould work fine as long as your warm and dry

Consider the spay tops used by kayakers. I find mine is well suited to the Laser - designed for upper body movement, breathable, draining pocket in front and considerably discounted over the name-brand dinghy sailing spray tops.

I have been using the Musto spray top- very good, semi-waterproof pockets and has worked very well for me...

Attachments

• so1531_red-black_1.jpg
    so1531_red-black_1.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 29

Back