Spectrum Gel Coat Paste for Gel Coat chips

msanford

Hi, I am going to take care of a a couple Gel Coat chips on the deck and in the mast step of a 2017 Laser. The glass is fine. These are purely cosmetic but mainly to keep water from getting in between. I read-up on Spectrum Gel Coat Paste and it looks very easy. Unless anyone has any red flags you need to throw-up, what color is the deck of a 2017 Laser to best match Honestly, where I am doing these repairs no one will really see. However, if I gotta pick one it might as well be the closest one out there.

Happy to hear if this is a wise or not wise product (and any tips from past experience)
Thanks

If your boat is a 2016 or later LaserPerformance build, then it's what they call "ice blue". I don't know what the right code for it would be, but it's an extremely pale turquoise-leaning blue.

_

Thanks, the hull definitely looks like it would be called 'ice blue' but I feel like the deck looks whiter than the pale turquoise bottom

Last edited:
I feel like the deck looks whiter than the pale turquoise bottom
Should be the same, strange if it isn't. Comes to mind that they may have even been built in different places. There's been talk about where LP's boats (mainly Sunfish) actually hail from.

_

Sea Hawk brand Ice Blue is fairly close to the LP boat I had. LP was zero help with gel coat. I had to fix several defects, typical of every LP product I have owned!

Should be the same, strange if it isn't. Comes to mind that they may have even been built in different places. There's been talk about where LP's boats (mainly Sunfish) actually hail from.

_
That's interesting. Maybe the deck it just kinda of dirty and/or maybe the way light hits down is different than being the underside and looks more ice blue?

Back