Somewhere Warm, Cheap and Good to Learn Sailing

yeehi

I would like to learn to sail a Laser.

I have forgotten the few lessons I had a while ago and would like to complete a course, ideally where the water is warm and it is not too expensive.

Could somebody recommend a good place to learn? Anywhere really, from SE Asia to the Mediterranean, I just hope that it won't be expensive. (Do you think prices vary much, from country to country?) I don't have a boat of my own. I could do a full-time course for up to 3 weeks.

I wonder if it would be much help just buying some RYA books and studying by book until I get started.

Thank you for your help.

Hard question to answer.

The major "resort" type places aren't going to fulfill your requirement for "cheap."

Also, most places that offer dinghy instruction will instruct on a bigger boat - so there's room for an instructor and a student.

Florida is big, warm, and urban. Might be a fair bet to google "dinghy sailing lessons florida."

I would like to learn to sail a Laser.

I have forgotten the few lessons I had a while ago and would like to complete a course, ideally where the water is warm and it is not too expensive.

Could somebody recommend a good place to learn? Anywhere really, from SE Asia to the Mediterranean.

As you are in the UK, I can strongly recommend Minorca Sailing who offer package holidays including flights from the UK to their sailing centre on Menorca in the Med. Price, as you might expect depends on the season and standard of accommodation you want, but I think it's good value. (They currently have an offer for one week in October for 555 GBP.) They do run Laser classes at various levels, and you can try out many other kinds of boats too.

I learned to sail there over 25 years ago, I sailed my first Laser there, and I went back in 2006. I discovered it was even better than I remembered. More of my impressions at http://propercourse.blogspot.com/search/label/Menorca.

If I could I would move to the South Coast of Portugal and sail there, it is beautiful and always warm. There a lot of sailing schools there and many laser sailers.

Back