Zig Zagging in the inlet.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 340
  • Sorry guys this isn't a cabin cruiser.jpg
    Sorry guys this isn't a cabin cruiser.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 337
  • Apalachicola Bay.jpg
    Apalachicola Bay.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 286
Nice pics Dragonfly. This site is certainly great for covering the technical side of sailing the Capri 14.2 but it seems very few actually post pics of the recreational side. Would be nice if this thread could be used for such.

Started my season today on Lake Mead here in Vegas. Perfect day! Winds steady at 5-10 mph, temp in the low 60’s, wide open ramp, and not a jetski to be found.

Attachments

• cleaned boat.JPG
    cleaned boat.JPG
    424.6 KB · Views: 242
  • SUC50102.JPG
    SUC50102.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 230
  • sailingwithandy4.jpg
    sailingwithandy4.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 209
Itchin to get out myself

January was unseasonably cold here just north of Atlanta at Lake Lanier so we haven't been able to time the good days....had one earlier this week, 70F, Sunny, and steady winds.... probably a little too much wind though.

The wide open ramp is what I need...I still don't have the hang of backin this thing down a ramp yet.

Backing the Trailer

A lttle tip. Hold the steering wheel at the BOTTOM in the center. Then if you want to move trailer left, move hand left. Move hand right to turn trailer right.

Try that in an empty parking lot for 10 minutes and you'll be able to put it right where you want to!

little perspective needed here

is that left and right when my head is turned looking back at the trailer or in the rear view mirror?

And the thing is that once it starts going one way and you don't want it to go that way, it keeps going that way no matter which way you turn the wheel...it almost seems like that after a 5 degree turn begins, it's too late you are committed to that angle unless you pull forward til everything is straight...I get so frusterated with the fishers, pleasure craft, and jet skis trailers that have no patience for this sailor.

Now that's having fun in a C14!

How's that large Jolly Roger rigged?

I strung several flags together, tied them to the end of the boom and used the main halyard to hoist them.

Alright...gotta show that one to the kids

my kids're going to want to do that too....except my son Zac (9) will want to be Link from Zelda and daughter Zoe (6) will want to be a princess who is practing for American Idol.

What waters do you sail in, OH?

DragonFly said:
my kids're going to want to do that too....except my son Zac (9) will want to be Link from Zelda and daughter Zoe (6) will want to be a princess who is practing for American Idol.

What waters do you sail in, OH?

Sounds like you are going to need some flags of your own.

By the way. I sail in the Sandusky bay most of the time.

salty pics from Harkers Island

Hi!

Bought a 14.2 from SC last Spring, have had lots of fun around the sounds of Harkers Island, NC (close to Beaufort) -- going to Core Banks (lighthouse, in background of one pic) and wild horses on Shackleford Banks (all Nat'l Park, miles and miles of empty beach if you set over and swim on the Atlantic side). The sounds are perfect for a 14.2 since they are extremely shallow -- and we can dolly (Sitech) the rig over the sandy beach w/o even hooking up a trailer!

Some pics here:

http://moss.csc.ncsu.edu/~mueller/capri14/album/

Frank

motor bracket

I forgot to mention: The motor bracket cost me <$30, it uses a 2x10 treated board, some galvanized bolts and a galvanized trailer bracket for a roll to actually mount the motor. There is absolutely NO hole in the hull, it sits on the grove of the stern. The prop will, however, drag slightly if you let the boat crank too much.

http://moss.csc.ncsu.edu/~mueller/capri14/album/aug06/html/039.html

This is also the pic w/ the Cape Lookout lighthouse in the background. I told you it was shallow :)

Frank

Opening day season two - Spring break Apalachicola Bay, FL

Water is very warm in the bay....seafood is awesome, but I am told sharks and alligators lurk, and there are an abundance of dolphins, which is that added incentive to get the kids on board. Bought an Explorist 210 Handheld GPS from Magellan...excellent tool to have when negotiating numerous inlets and shallows...don't buy the hype that you need to spend $400, I got this one from Wal-MArt for $127. Markeed 5.5 mph top speed in steady westerlies; I guess I should have switched to nautical navigation and got the spped in knots?

Attachments

• IMG_2017.JPG
    IMG_2017.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 141
  • IMG_2003.JPG
    IMG_2003.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 101

Back