Sombody's aiming a green laser inside my house

tcdabc1

From a distance about 20-40 meters (I guess), if it will accidently aim into my eyes for about half a second, what will happen?
I guess it's not a very strong one, I look at DealExtreme's green lasers and the most common one is 5mW.
Thank you

From a distance about 20-40 meters (I guess), if it will accidently aim into my eyes for about half a second, what will happen?
I guess it's not a very strong one, I look at DealExtreme's green lasers and the most common one is 5mW.
Thank you
This is a sailing forum for Laser Sailboats.

They make special safety goggles that filter specific wavelengths of light. Of course, you have to make sure the goggles match the frequency of light you are trying to block.

Eh, maybe might be able to skip on the mast step repair if you are on a budget, just put some 5300 on it and should be good to go.

I've found that attaching a high power laser to the bow of my laser helps me tell exactly where my boat is going. I recently used about half a roll of duct-tape to attach my 1w blue laser to the front of my boat. All I can say is WOW. No longer do I need a compass to tell which direction I'm pointing , now I just look at the intense blue beam shooting out in front of my boat. This laser also has the added benefit of scaring other sailors into staying out of my way. I don't have to worry anymore about which tack I'm on because when the other boats see my beam of death pointing directly at them they move aside.

For anyone interested in my laser here is the link
http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/Spyder_III_Pro_Arctic_Series-96-37.html
I'll post so pictures of my setup when I get home.

I've found that attaching a high power laser to the bow of my laser helps me tell exactly where my boat is going. I recently used about half a roll of duct-tape to attach my 1w blue laser to the front of my boat. All I can say is WOW. No longer do I need a compass to tell which direction I'm pointing , now I just look at the intense blue beam shooting out in front of my boat. This laser also has the added benefit of scaring other sailors into staying out of my way. I don't have to worry anymore about which tack I'm on because when the other boats see my beam of death pointing directly at them they move aside.

For anyone interested in my laser here is the link
http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/Spyder_III_Pro_Arctic_Series-96-37.html
I'll post so pictures of my setup when I get home.

Burns through plastic?!? Sounds perfect for Race Committee use. No more black flag starts if the OCS boats get their bows sliced off. . ;-)

Sorry for the delay, but she's shy. Someone was able now to photograph her, the past weekend! She is still the fastest "Green Laser"... there, where I live ... :) :)

Ciao
LooserLu

Attachments

• Green Laser.jpg
    Green Laser.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 86
It's one of the European ones, built in the end of the 70ties. Heavy in weight the hull is, but nearly one of the "good old instructibles" of PSE ... :rolleyes:

Lu

Mine's also 70's, I believe built in Montreal Canada - I'm in Ohio USA. I've never weighed the hull - don't know if it's heavy or not. It's in terrific shape - no softness anywhere, deck or otherwise. The mast tube broke free from the bottom of the hull about 6-7 years ago and ripped up the deck in falling. I invested a ton of time and ~$200 in epoxy, etc to fix it, and rebuilt it good and strong. I also thru-bolted EVERYTHING with 1" diameter stainless steel washers inside - rudder gudgeons, mainsheet block, all deck blocks/fittings, both ends of hiking strap attach points. I take it out in anything and everything up to 30-40 kts, and have not had a single problem with it since. It's just great, even the more so for coming up on 40 years old. This year I upgraded to 6:1 outhaul, 4:1 Cunningham, and 15:1 vang and it's just a treat and a laugh to sail. I don't race - just out there for kicks and smiles.

Who needs a new boat?!? Have fun!

Good Sailing, with your "green Laser", 'cskudder'. The one that sail on my tiny small lake at GER (at that photo, I published above) is in that shape like she came from the GER Laser store! No XD, first sail-cloth (!) and original spars of the 70ties, stable deck and underwater hull, maststep in sufficient shape (the secret to that is: DON'T sail her in winds over Force 4). There only some scratches in the green of the gelcoat. At our official ranking race (53 racers on a lake that you wouldn't name it to be "a lake") in the beginning of this month she ended in the 1st half of the finishers! I know the owner for a very long time... Myself, I owned an "end of the 70ties" -Laser, made by PSE, in colour "Magnolia"(looks like a sort of "ivory"-colour). What I learn of your replies, 'cskudder': A hull "full coloured in green" Laser hull was a model version of the end of the 70ties, WORLDWIDE! But, those Laser hulls of the end of the 70ties, full coloured (under water hull section) in a bright deep red, here at Europe, for unknown reasons have had a short lifespan, funny, isn't it. :cool:

Ciao
LooserLu

Back