So how can I get Seitech wheels?

scullygirl

Ok, reading a recent thread, apparently it is currently very difficult to get wheels for a Seitech dolly through the usual suppliers, Laser Performance and APS. Anybody know where I can get wheels, then?

Do you need new wheels, including the rim and bearing or just fix a leak ? If you have a leak, you can just get some inner tubes put in....

If you truly need the complete wheels, try calling any/all Laser dealers, there is a chance one of them has some in stock...

I'm needing new wheels, plus the bearing kit. So I'll need all the parts necessary for attaching the wheels to the dolly itself.

The tires (on my dolly at least) are Carlisle AT16X-8 which can be found on the Carlisle Catalog p26 product code #5150031. If it's just a matter of replacing worn/flat tires you can probably get them from any tire store that sells ATV tires.

If your wheels are completely missing or destroyed then getting the rim and and bearing kit is a problem. It may be that they are custom made for Seitech rather than commercially available. But if anyone has a wheel without a tire on it maybe it has manufacturer info on the inside. . .

Be warned that name brand seitech goods are costly. bought one wheel/tire/bearing set up and droped about $80. So took the other to small tire shop for inner tube - $12 installed. I am sure there has to be a shop closer to you than this, but I got me stuff from http://www.dinghyshop.com/sailboat/showcase.html . I have been looking for non-seitech wheels that would fit their axle and have yet to find any.

I know this thread is old, but I'm guessing it is still relevant. I've had the same issues with Seitech, so I went and sourced my own wheels. I got 'samples', and to get more, I have to put in a very large order. If I can get enough people interested and can order enough volume, they should cost about $30 to $35 each for the wheel, bearing and tire assembly. They seem to be very good quality, on par or better than the stock Seitech wheels.

Let me know here if you have any interest, or I set up a website where you can send me a message:www.boatwheelz.com

If you want one or two, let me know. If you're whole fleet or club needs wheels, let me know. I'd like to get enough feedback to know if I can put the order in within 2 weeks

Nice find.. I see you posted the dia, what is the width of the tire ? It would be great if you had a pic of both of them flat on the same surface.. If they are about the same width, I'd be interested in one, perhaps two (it opens up the home built dolly market too, as that has been what holds everyone back from building a cost effective home built version)

I won't be able to get back to the lake where my boats and dollies are until this weekend. I can tell you that the hub is slightly narrower than the Seitch hub, by a quarter inch or less. This is just an observation based on the distance between the hub and pin through the axle when I swapped them out.

Not too worried about the hub width, you show it fits, that's fine... More concerned about tread width of tire at contact area. The narrow "wheelbarrow" style wheels work fine on a hard surface, but you need the wide width that the seitech wheel has for use in soft sand..

Interesting. I have an old-school dolly with the wheelbarrow style, and I would like to upgrade the wheel size. All I would need are these wheels, some 1" aluminum tubing, a hacksaw, and a power drill.

Back