Smooth Sailing

kylehousley

Great day of sailing in Dyes Inlet in the Puget Sound. Greetings from Washington State btw.
All of the advice I have received on this forum has been very helpful and I thank you all!

Single handed today with the jib, stepped the mast with the jib halyard, didn't capsize. Great day. I love using the jib, I can't imagine sailing without one now, I actually did some slick tacking today and the boat powered through the waves and held it's own nicely. Anyways, I am happy to be in a real sailboat and grateful that you all helped me in!

Attachments

• May08_0008.jpg
    May08_0008.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 44
  • Apr25_0037.jpg
    Apr25_0037.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 27
  • May08_0011.jpg
    May08_0011.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 30
Thanks for sharing the pictures , looks like you had a beautiful day to spend on the water.

Good sailing !

Rob

Yeah, what Rob said, "Thanks for sharing". Haven't had a chance to get out yet - too windy - but I can feel the season coming on. I can't wait!

Jim

Looking Good! You should add a photo album to your Profile,

I can hardly wait to get out so I can add a few more pics to mine.

Rob

Nice! Your 3rd shot is interesting -- the sails look like there's some wind, but not a ripple is to be seen from your kayak. Thanks for sharing the great photos.

Nice! Your 3rd shot is interesting -- the sails look like there's some wind, but not a ripple is to be seen from your kayak. Thanks for sharing the great photos.

Yeah the wind was from the north so it was coming over the beach head before getting the sails and the water was shadowed from it.

Back