SLO racing Sails

froberts

Does anyone have experience with SLO racing sails? I am looking at a new suit for the Nationals and want to get some input. Do we know if the sails are measured to be approved for racing in Nationals? www.slosails.com San Luis Obispo, CA.

Call them (805 479-6122) and ask, they are very nice people and really know what they are doing. I have delt with them three times and plan on buying my next set of sails from them.

SLO Sails

SLOW Sails:
I purchased a crusing main for my Omega from them. The quality of the workmanship was good and the design was fine for day sailing. The sail cloth is very stiff which I suppose is good, but it sure is noisy. Incredibly noisy when luffing. I had a problem with delivery time. Delivery was promised on Aug 2 and I got it on August 12th. Not too bad, but communications broke down and he stopped answering my phone calls or emails and I got very nervous about getting it at all. He must have been very busy making more expensive sails. I chose SLO based on price alone. My sail came with a tubular bag (for a rolled sail) that I don't use, so you might specify what type sail bag you want.

Get Quantum sails so you have a chance to win nationals. Brian Janney has all the good knowledge for the 14.2. Call him in the San Diego Quantum loft. Good luck!

Back