Single handed sailor Guido

Guido1970

Hello sailors,

my name is Guido Dwersteg. I am 44 years old and from Germany. In 2008 i discovered my passion for sailing. Since then i am "infected" by the sailing virus.

So it was quite logical, to buy my first own boat in 2009. A small 32 feet Bavaria Holiday. During the following months and years my cruises became longer and saver. In winter 2011/2012 i decided to go for a really long sailing trip.

After months of preparation i started in march 2012 to a more than 11.000 miles long voyage. Beginning from the baltic sea island of Fehmarn (GER) i went along the european coastlines to the canary islands, further to the cape verdean islands and herafter in 21 days nonstop to the caribbean.

In march 2014 i set sails again. From Guadeloupe i sailed nonstop to the acores and from there back to the european mainland. In october 2014 i arrived back home. I looked back on 12 countries, 146 days on sea and more than 11.000 nautical miles.

I shot a movie about my adventure. This is - obviously - in german. But now i`ve started to do an english voice over for my english spoken Youtube-Channel. Right now the first Part of Episode 1 went online. I would be happy and thankful if any of you guys would take a look and/or leave a comment. Subscriber are also welcome ;-).

By the way .. please excuse any misstakes in translation .. i try my very best :).

Here is the link to my Youtube-Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDJIgr5AVMYuQnS_eugSvlA

Ahoj !!

Back