Should I Go Now

Flusha

Looking at taking a job in Bunbury Western Australia. Haven't found much on the net about Laser sailin in that neck of the woods. Does anyone know anything about the place?

I thought I'd heard of a few lasers sailing from there but I can't find any mention of them in the clubs results section. The club is Koombana Bay, http://www.kbsc.net.au/ , if you want to check it out. Looks like Cats are big there.
There are a few lasers sailing at Mandurah, http://www.mofsc.com.au/club_sections/view/5, about an hour north if you can be bothered driving. Other than that plenty of lasers up in Perth, 2 hours north. Are you coming from interstate ?

All the clubs here will be going in to winter mode soon. When are you coming over ? If you're really serious about your sailing, insist on being on the sea, want good training supplied etc, then I'd recommend Fremantle, FSC. Plus its on the south side of the city so slightly closer to Bunbury. They have appointed Arthur Brett as club coach - Tom Slingsby's coach - so you can't get much better.
If you're after a more casual sail/race and don't mind being on the river (no waves + shifty winds), then you're welcome to come down to Maylands - MYC. We have a spare boat you can borrow too - a bit old but functional.

I am a Grand Master sailing out of Geographe Bay Yacht Club in Busselton. I am keen to go sailing once or twice a week. We got two Lasers racing at the moment with the odd visitor coming down from Perth. Last weekend multiple Masters World champ Colin Dibb came down from Freo.
Busselton is twenty minutes south of Bunbury. Dunsborough Bay Yacht Club is keen to have Lasers too, so maybe there is another opportunity to go racing.

Ok thanks, looked at your web site and it looks like you have an Easter regatta on? Might come down and have a look. I should be arriving on the Friday.

Ok thanks, looked at your web site and it looks like you have an Easter regatta on? Might come down and have a look. I should be arriving on the Friday.

Maybe we should trade entry lists on Saturday, pair up the competitors randomly and have a contest to see which team gets the fewest points!!!

Do you give Chocolate bunnies as prizes at your easter event??

No Bunnies over here since the introduced rabbit devastated the country. We got the "Easter Bilby".

Pairing up competitors on Saturday is fine by me as long as it is with one of those fit Radial sailoresses you got in your country. Randomly would be ok.

Well just arrived. That was one long long longgggg drive. Over 2 days of solid driving!!! Popped around to the Koombana sailing club and one of the guys was more than happy to give me a hand and store my boat in there yard.Great reception. Drove around and looks like a really nice spot. Glad to be here.. Hope to get the boat in the water in the mornin

Attachments

• P4110007.jpg
    P4110007.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 35

Back