SF bay

g1gaumond

Heading to SF next week to tour around.

Any great shops for Laser gear in the area????

Thanks for your help.

GG

The local LP dealer is Svendsen's Boat Works on Alameda Island.

If you arrange your trip for the weekend of October 24-25 then you could sail in the St Francis Yacht Club's Fall Dinghy Regatta! Sailing on the City Front, food and drink after racing each day, etc. Plus, this time of year its "normally" (always a dangerous term when applied to sailing venues) warm and sunny with the seabreeze ramping down significantly from the summer winds.

Tracy,

thanks will definitively visit this shop.

For the invite, thanks it would have been great but by that date I ll be freezzing my behind in Chicago!!!

GG

I like Svend's - and props to them for supporting our local fleet and to Alex for helping me order a World's charter boat which I picked up on Wednesday.

That being said, if I had the opportunity to visit SF Bay from out of town for a week or a few days, not sure Svend's would make my "out-of-town-tourist-must-see-list." It's a fine chandlery, but it's not your dinghy sailor's candy store. So if there are a few parts you need to pick up, especially to avoid a import tax or international shipping hassle - then great, go for it. But if there are specific parts you need to pick up, you should probably call them ahead of time to make sure they've got it on hand, and give them time to order them if not.

We are joint a few members on friday night for their can racing at the Bellana Bay yacht club.

Which seems fairly close to Svendsen's so it make my list.

But i would go to any other suggestions where I could find laser stuff.

What a day on the 'bay today with the Fleet show, Blue Angels and all. Wish I could have been on one of the boats on the bay.

What a gorgeous this place is.

Back a t home 5C rain and snow.....:D

Thanks for the info.

GG

Back