Selling a Sunfish with ski boat trailer?

mixmkr

I have an 80's Sunfish in good shape, but I bought it without a trailer. That said, I store it on a 20ft, single axle ski boat trailer...basically waaaay oversided. I've been keeping my eye out for a used trailer of correct size...but since I'm selling the boat, I'm not really interested in investing $400+, just to sell the boat.
So.....
Sell the boat alone. ...with the trailer...leave options open?
$800 for the boat and $1000 for the trailer would be nice, but the boat w/trailer jacks up the price. Are people selling boats without trailers?
Btw...Im on Ky Lake.

Sunfish sailing was an "event" 10+ years ago. Small daysailors are pretty slim, in favor of overnighting, cruising sailboats nowadays. I've only seen another Sunfish at the Scout camps...Never on the water....meaning I'm not expecting a local to be interested. Lake front owners have big cruisers, pontoon boats, or tbe kids are on Seadoos. Also...Ky Lake is out in the boonies, for the most part. Take away the lake, you,re in farmland. Most travel 1-3 hrs to "get away"....with tourism keeping the area alive.

Btw...all the "for sale" ads seem to be on the east coast or Florida. Does that seem like a correct observation?

I’ve sold 2 boats this year both without trailers. Coincidentally I’ve also sold a trailer without a boat, go figure.
Geographically, I’m literally surrounded by water so the market may differ here.
I’d list them both for sale separately and also offer as a package. Let the market decide for you. If you don’t get your number hold out until you find the right buyer.

BTW Long Island being on the east coast you maybe on to something.

Btw...all the "for sale" ads seem to be on the east coast or Florida. Does that seem like a correct observation?
Florida has a lot of alligator-filled lakes.

Action on oceans is present, but not sure of the market. My last customer was from "east-coastal" Martin County, and was to have bought two of my overpriced Sunfish. His new, raised, dually truck had a rear axle failure and by the time he got the truck repaired, I was on my way out of town. :confused:

Back