self rigging

Not sure I understand your question , but happy to try to help. Do you need to know how to rig the boat (mast up, rudder on, etc to go sailing)?

self rigging capri 14

thanks for your help. i would like to know any tricks to rigging the capri 14 with just one person. i have trouble putting up the mast by myself. everything else is no problem. thanks, solo sailor

I attach an extra line to the jib halyard, some will attach it to the main halyard either works. I then tie the end that you attach to the top of the sail to the post the mast rests on. I attach mast with the bolt to the step and as I raise the mast, I keep the jib halyard tight. Of course the shrouds are attached. Once the mast is up, I then tie off the halyard to a cleat on the mast. climb down and attached the fore stay to the bow plate.

The other day, I was getting ready to step my mast, and one of the guys who had a cruiser came running down to help me. I had it up before he had gone 10 yards. Very simple to do.

Kent

Kent nailed it. I've tied the bow end of the halyard to the trailer mast support too. You're just creating a temporary forestay to hold the mast up until you set the pin in the real forestay. Good luck.

Mast goes up from stern.The butt or base of the mast starts from the bow, I first make sure the standing rigging is not fouled, then get in the cockpit. Hold the mast, starting to bringit to a near standing position while setting the butt in the mast step. Then put the bolt in, take up the slack on the jib halyard (temporary forestay). Grab the wire forestay and pin it in place fastening the ring ding. This is all done on the trailer. Don't forget to put the nut on the bolt holding the mast in the step.

fan, .....I'm with Kent on this one, I would definitely put the bolt in first and secure it with the wing nut before lifting the mast, especially since the step is just an open bracket. Of course, if there is a crew person holding it in that's different :)

fan, .....I'm with Kent on this one, I would definitely put the bolt in first and secure it with the wing nut before lifting the mast, especially since the step is just an open bracket. Of course, if there is a crew person holding it in that's different :)

To each his own. I don't like applying the lifting/rotational forces to the mast step and its just easier for me.

Back