Seitech roll-off trailer w/ Seimar Cushion Caps

Has anyone tried trailering using the [FONT=arial, helvetica]Seimar Cushion Caps from intensitysails on a Seitech roll-off trailer with the supports flipped up?[/FONT]

$30 seems a little steep when if you are really worried $2 worth of duct tape and random padding will do the same trick..maybe thats how they sell those sails so cheap they soak you on the small bit parts....

Has anyone tried trailering using the [FONT=arial, helvetica]Seimar Cushion Caps from intensitysails on a Seitech roll-off trailer with the supports flipped up?[/FONT]

If you are trailering using the Seitech roll-off trailer, it was my understanding that you would always have the supports flipped up. That's the point of the cushion caps...to provide some cushion during trailering.

$30 seems a little steep when if you are really worried $2 worth of duct tape and random padding will do the same trick.

One of the selling points of the Seitech system seems to be its simplicity and clean design. The idea of duct taping some old carpet to your nice dolly seems to be the antithesis of this.

maybe thats how they sell those sails so cheap they soak you on the small bit parts....

If you could sell them for less, then please do.

My query is about using them for trailering on the road. I have always stored the boat with the supports up, but never trailered with the supports up due to the small contact point, but would prefer to.

I don’t have an issue spending $30 on a $5000 boat.

My query is about using them for trailering on the road. I have always stored the boat with the supports up, but never trailered with the supports up due to the small contact point, but would prefer to.

I guess you could do it either way, but the bow is supported by the front support in either method. I think most people trailer with the side supports flipped up, but maybe I am wrong?

I really don't think that Supports Up is a good idea.

Those plastic supports are not built to withstand the pressure that a laser will generate as it bumps up and down the road. A guy in my fleet used to trailer like this until the boat bumped up and some how the support went through the hull.

As I said, I did not see it, but I know he had to fix it.

I had a similar set up on a 29er that I used to own and I busted the gunnel when it was up. So I switched to using the boat on the strap - just be sure that it is clean (as is the hull) as it will rub.

my 2 cents.

M

Hi,

I have them. They are good. My old boat cracked on the gunwale because of the supports. These pads should help solve that problem.

Perry

Back