Seitech dolly tires- bearing maintenance?

LGermain

Hi,
I just got an old seitech dolly and was wondering if the tires/bearings/axle should be treated with anything to be maintained?
Thanks,
LindaGermain-8783.jpg

Keep the bearings clean and no sand. Do not lubricate! It will attract dirt. Tires dry rot over time, if they leak try filling in some green goop.

A word of warning. The tires are hard to take off the rim. If the rims are bleached white from the sun they will come apart when you try to fill them up with air. Yes I had that happen.

FWIW, There are so many ancient wheels on dollies at my club. Tires way cracked and hubs bleached white. They likely have been that way for years. Best I can tell people never do maintence on anything.

The tire and rim in the picture likley have another 10 years left. They are in real good condition compared to some that looked bad 3 years ago when I first joined and are still holding air working.

This year the club made it a rule that the tires had to hold air and not be flat. Several kids were attempting to drag thier boats with tires trying to fall off.

My dollies a couple of the tires had slow leaks. The tires also were well cracked. I put in the green slime and that sealed them up.

Oh and a couple had tubed tires. The tubes seems to fall apart at a seam. Nice straight line.

As I mentioned earlier, if you are trying to figure out what to do and your rims have turned white. Dont try to fix it, just buy new.

FWIW, There are so many ancient wheels on dollies at my club. Tires way cracked and hubs bleached white. They likely have been that way for years. Best I can tell people never do maintence on anything.

The tire and rim in the picture likley have another 10 years left. They are in real good condition compared to some that looked bad 3 years ago when I first joined and are still holding air working.

This year the club made it a rule that the tires had to hold air and not be flat. Several kids were attempting to drag thier boats with tires trying to fall off.

My dollies a couple of the tires had slow leaks. The tires also were well cracked. I put in the green slime and that sealed them up.

Oh and a couple had tubed tires. The tubes seems to fall apart at a seam. Nice straight line.

As I mentioned earlier, if you are trying to figure out what to do and your rims have turned white. Dont try to fix it, just buy new.
Thanks. I will keep that in mind. I appreciate the info.

Back