Seitech Dolly questions

RudeJoe

I have a Seitech dolly from a Laser Pico that I want to use for a regular Laser but the center line assembly is too short. I measured the existing center line aluminum tubes and they measure 36 and 40" long. Can anyone tell me what the lengths of the Laser center line tubes are? Looks like Seitech offers tubing in lengths from 40-60".

Also, it seems the tubing is ridiculously expensive. Does anyone know if this tubing is available as raw stock anywhere?

I just thought of this... do they sell an extender that I can just add some length the existing set up? Looking on the AhoyCaption web site, which has the most complete parts list that I've seen, they list a T2A-C Tube, Splice. Any idea the length or purpose of this one? I guess I should contact them to find out.

Thanks!

The tubes on mine are approx 46" in length (x2)
The tube is 1.5" square 6061 aluminum, rounded corners - don't have the thickness handy, but it is avail from a number of metal suppliers (and you can buy it 92" long (one piece, no worries about having a splice) and have it shipped UPS)

Thanks for the information and dimensions! So it looks like I need 16" more length.

I've done some searching for the extrusions in the past but had not found any cost effective solutions. I did find Extrudex.com while searching today and they seem to stock a bunch of 1.5" rounded edge with slightly different specs. I'll have to figure which size is compatible with the Seitech then I'll contact them next week to get their pricing.

Thanks again for your hep

Back