Seitech Dolly as Short-Distance Trailer?

tiedye

Is it advisable to use my Seitech dolly as a trailer for my 'Fish to get the boat from the beach house to the beach? Flat ground, distance of about 1.8 miles, uncrowded road and driving slow. Would such use overheat or otherwise harm the Seitech wheels/bearings/bushings? If ok, it would save my back from further wreckage.

Best Regards,
Tiedye

Is it advisable to use my Seitech dolly as a trailer for my 'Fish to get the boat from the beach house to the beach? Flat ground, distance of about 1.8 miles, uncrowded road and driving slow. Would such use overheat or otherwise harm the Seitech wheels/bearings/bushings?
Seitech makes an adaptor just for such low impact towing. My only thought is, if you are traveling on city streets rather than private property, you'll be responsible for complying with local trailer laws.

slide02_lg.jpg

I think at low speeds 5-10mph the dolly could handle it. Heck it could probably handle more if the road were flat.

This really is a judgment call though. I would do it on only if the roads are very low traffic (residential) and very well maintained (few potholes). And then there's the law thing, but one small roads no one would bother you. Again, judgment call.

Remember the dolly does not have any suspension so be careful on bumps. Also tie the boat to the dolly both at the support strap and at the bow cup. The bow likes to sometimes jump out of the cup. Tow it as if your walking it...or maybe briskly jogging with it. Think lawnmower speeds.

Wayne, that's pretty cool that seitech makes such an adapter. I've never seen it. It looks expensive (as is the case with anything seitech). A mildly handy man could make such a device quite easily...wink wink tiedie.

Remember,
judgment call be safe, be smart, and protect the boat as if it were your life when traveling

Wayne, that's pretty cool that seitech makes such an adapter. I've never seen it. It looks expensive (as is the case with anything seitech)
You know me..., check at the source before re-inventing the wheel.

Yup, they want $150 :eek:

. . . but it's not too hard to see what it's made of
bc.jpg

Back