Media Second Time Out

sonofasunfish

Just happy to be here
After a year of restoration and I don't care to count how many "Dad, when are we going to be done"s I heard, we finally have the fish back in the water. My son and I have been out the past two weekends and it has been a blast. The second time two of his friends joined us. In these two pictures my son is handling the main sheet.

Attachments

• 100_3806a.jpg
    100_3806a.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 291
  • 100_3809a.jpg
    100_3809a.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 241
frankbarbehenn said:
curious, why is the downwind picture showing no boom and a straight mast?!! I am novice and would appreciate feedback!

frank

I don't understand your question. The mast is the shorter tube (always straight); mostly hidden behind the sail in the picture on the right, but the lower part can be seen (close to the deck). The sail is tied to the lower spar (boom; it angles up in these pictures by about 20 degrees from horizontal) and the upper spar (gaff), which is close to vertical. Boom and gaff can be seen in both pictures. If you click on each picture, you may be able to see more detail.

I hope this helps; if not we can try to figure out any remaining questions.

That looks like a pretty fab locale. Is that your house in the background? When are we all invited over for a steak and shrimp cookout / regatta. Perhaps the Geezer would actually show.:eek:

What a beauty - one of the few sunfish sails I actually like!!!

Could you go into what resorations were done. Very interested - what age boat?

Pete

Back