Second Sail Tomorrow - Could Use Some Advice!

Wow - this brought back so many memories of sailing and learning the basics - great, great video. You made it out, and you made it back and you learned along the way!!
But...the best part was the video and I encourage you to do more, as you were smart, funny and totally "approachable" we could use more of this
Thank you

Wow, thanks for the kind comments! Really encourages me to keep going. Can’t wait to get out there again.

There's a videos "sticky" at the top of the first page, which I think was to encourage the placement of such videos as yours. (Hint). :)

There's a videos "sticky" at the top of the first page, which I think was to encourage the placement of such videos as yours. (Hint). :)

The video was just a follow up to my original post, but I will keep that in mind if I decide to make any further videos. Thanks.

Hilarious editing, the forehead-slapping number was appropriate, lol. Some tyro mistakes, and I see swimming in your near future, but the lake looks nice!
Don't ditch the hat, just swap it for a ballcap... you're gonna want that bill over your eyes to prevent a glare headache, believe me. Every pro skipper I ever met (sailing, sportfishing, etc.) wore a hat or cap of some sort, and you'll want to do the same. Later, when you're more proficient, you can experiment with the wide-brimmed hat again... don't forget sunscreen on the neck with the ballcap, otherwise you'll be a redneck for sure! ;)

Very funny video, keep up the good work!!! AIR may have some competition in the future, lol. I probably would've chosen different soundtracks, but I'm an old rogue dinosaur raised on The Ventures, Johnny Cash, The Mighty Zep, Pink Floyd, Dead Kennedys, Sex Pistols, et al. I DID like the acoustic guitar segment, looked like ya had a handle on the sailing at that point. Hopefully your tacking speed improves, and I'm sure it will, but that one tack took FOREVER, lol... still, you're doing a fine job for your second voyage. Have you read any books or web material on basic sailing? Those with diagrams on maneuvering? Diagrams are good... :rolleyes:
Regarding the hat:

Remember that the sun's rays don't just hit you once, those harmful UV rays are also reflected off the water.

Plastics are degraded by sun's UV rays: Those who have had cataract surgery now own a piece of irreplaceable plastic lens inserted, so that's why ophthalmologists will tell you to wear sunglasses. (Or at least glasses of some sort).

I know this about the UV rays, because my dermatologist uses a scalpel on me—twice a year!) :confused:

Back