Sea Dek Pads for Sunfish - Whaddya’ Think?

Woodwind

Hello Sunfish-i-a-nados,

l’m contemplating using the SeaDek kit for my Sunfish there’s one at Intensity Sails.
Also thinking about having a piece to put around the backside of the cockpit.... Or I may just get some of the pad and cut it myself.
I’m not interested in having a padded cockpit sole and unfortunately those parts are included in intensity sails kit.

Are there any of you out there using this product, and if so how much do you like it.
At this point I would like more padding for my derier because I’ve been sailing a lot. I tried the gel padded sailing shorts and also bicycle shorts , but I just didn’t like the feel of it.
I felt like I was sitting too high or something.

i’m pretty much set on 5 mm in that range for thickness and something that’s more like the golf ball dimple style that they have. So that it doesn’t scrub my tail.

there’s also probably an added benefit for those areas where I have cracks on either side it’s really just one crack maybe 10 inches long but it could help seal those and stabilize those areas... I think, but you know how water is ... it migrates no matter how meticulous you are with the repair If you don’t fully encapsulated It.

Whaddya’think?

Back