Sailing Videos Capri

dewaegep

When some of you are thinking in storing your boat for winter, I'm enjoying good weather to take my boat on the lake. I'm lucky, I know.
I just buy a GoPro camera and take it out for the first time last week end. I went with a colleague (second time on the boat), my son and his friend.
I made 2 short film, (less than 3 min each) on the Capri with funny thing that happen to student. The text is in Spanish in the video, but you will understand it anyway.
I will post more Capri 14,2 videos, in near future, I'm just learning how to handle the camera and video edition. Enjoy them if you want. (Note: The funny thing are in the final of each)
You can find both video on my YouTube Channel at:
http://www.youtube.com/user/PatWaegenaere?feature=mhee
Any critics are well appreciated.

Patrick

Patrick, yes I do envy you for your weather, we are just getting ready for winter here in Toronto. It will be another 6 months at least before we are able to sail the Capri again :(.

The videos are great! You seem to be clipping along at a pretty good pace and managing to keep her nice and flat, no doubt the boat does sail pretty decently with 4 on board.

I noticed you have not tied off the main traveler as yet, don't know how necessary this mod is, maybe one of the more experienced skippers would like to comment on this!

Capri Sailing Video

Thanks for the video. I very much enjoyed it. The bow of my Capri looks much more rounded than my big freighter canoe. That canoe pounds and rolls in the kind of water shown in your video, yet your Capri seemed to slice right through. We frequently have wind against tide here, with steep waves. Is my Capri going to pound over them, or carve through them? Thanks, Gerry

downhillsailor,
Thanks for your comments.
I will try to make some video with waves, so you can see how the Capri handle them.
Patrick

Back