Sailing Vacation Update

andyatos

Strong northwest blasts of wind were rolling down Little Harbor on Thursday. Waited for it to die off some so Albert could sail Old Red.

I headed down the harbor out of the turbulence and rotors to the downwind end of the bay where we could troll for gusts with Albert following in the Whaler. After showing Albert some survival tips, I handed the helm over to him. It had been 6 years since he had been in the Laser and he did great. Didn't even go over.

He then took a break and gave Old Red to me... right as some big blasts came rolling down the harbor. Ended up getting Old Red going faster than I ever had in Little Harbor. You know the routine... the whole massive spray fan off either side of the bow and the good soaking as a result of flying along with the centerboard humming in protest. That was a fun session with Albert.

No video but here's a photo Jeannie shot as we were heading out. Albert in the Whaler, Andy in the Laser. It was fun to have a motor boat to chase each other around when the guy in the Laser would hop up on to the plane and take off.

laser_cohasset.jpg

We are now down on Cape Cod, sailing 2 Sunfishes.

- Andy

That looks like a great holiday idea. Bit more of a run than our little bay on Norfolk. Is that Michigan? My friends went on the weekend and it turned out to be good for a surf too lol.
Jonno
2014_08_17_-_Sailing_069.jpg

Is that Michigan?
No, Little Harbor is located on the coast of Cohasset, Massachusetts, 14 miles southeast of Boston. Here's a Google Earth screen shot of it.

little_harbor_GE.jpg

The Google Earth image was taken at low tide so you can see the sandbars and mud flats.

We had Super Moon conditions while we were there which was creating unusually high tides. Made for very long sailing sessions before the tide would go out.

- Andy

Back