Sailing in oil

torrid

Just sailing
Just curious, has anyone on the Gulf Coast had the pleasure of sailing through BP oil yet? Or had to cancel plans because of it?

The Two upcoming regattas will not be adversly affected...

The Galveston Bay is about 500 miles west of any oil from the spill..

At least you did not say "British Petroleum" (like ....) :(

Ian

...and Royal Dutch Shell. I'll just bet it's all part of a conspiracy masterminded to get the US of A to join the European Union. Of course, I'm not so sure the heart of the confederate states was the best place to launch that plan.

Bo? You call Uncle Jesse and Cletus and tell 'em to bring their hound dogs. I got the startin' of a plan that's just a'stewin' up in my brain. Either that or I should'na ett Dixie's Thursday meetin' brownies again. I'll get the General and meet ya t'other side o' the holler.

;)

I created a new thread for a post that I thought was off topic. Sailing in oil--America's Problem.

I did some long distance windsurfing around Northern Spain six months after the Prestige tanker went down in 2002. Most coastal areas had been cleaned up but still found some globules. See the unexpected result after mainly planing conditions. The hull bottom was clean.

Attachments

• OilSkeg.JPG
    OilSkeg.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 63
Re: Sailing in the black sea

its a good thing none of BP's plans failed...

I can't believe they suggested golf balls and tires as a solution

Re: Sailing in the black sea

I can't believe they suggested golf balls and tires as a solution

I assume you must be experienced in stopping oil well blow-outs at depth so maybe you could enlighten us as to what the correct method should be.

Ian

can't believe they suggested golf balls and tires as a solution

Back