Sailing in light Air

edesmaison

Hi,

I weight about 95 kilograms and I'm awfull sailing in light air, I have a 1981 boat in excelent onditions with all the foams were they should, I've heard that sitting near the centreboard trunk and rissing the stern from the water makes the boat go faster an also by getting into the cockpit so the boat will be totally flat and moving as slow as possible so you don't move the hull to abrupt.

But with all this techniques I'm still getting very slow sailing, and with 5 knots and around I always have my goosenek on 13' to 14 1/2', my outhaul and cunningham not tensed to get as much power as I can. Where we usually race have really low currents but has waves, I know how to manage the waves but I still don't have a very good pointing for upwind.

Finally for heavy wind I also have the pointing problem and I usually have my goosenek on 15' to 17' and over 20 knots I use the short jens rig.

Thanks for you help

Yes I also am a little fat but I measure 1m 91cm so ithink that I'm a little big also, I'm starting to race Laser Standard but I still love racing in my Sunfish

Back