Sailfish vs. Sunfish dagger board

lakesailer

Hey gang. I have heard that the fiberglass Sailfish had a different rudder assembly than the Sunfish so a Sunfish rudder would not work on a Sailfish, but I was wondering if the daggerboards were interchangeable?

interesting, thanks guys. I kind of have an itch to pick up a sailfish, and I keep running into incomplete boats. I am not afraid of the projects but there just is not a lot of specific info online about sailfish.

For pleasure sailing... you can make the daggerboard any size you want. Too big is a little better than too small because you can pull up the excess, then clip it off. Its harder to add.

The rudder is the same as the wooden Sunfish rudder. The daggerboards are interchangeable, and a longer version would be beneficial.

The Sailfish, Super Sailfish, wooden Sunfish and Super Sailfish MKII all used the same bronze rudder assembly hardware. The vertical plate measures 4 inches vs the fiberglass Sunfish "old style" rudder that measures around 7 inches.

You might post a Wanted Ad. Do you need the hardware, the blade or the whole assembly?

Back