Sailboat pajama pants FTW!

emilikins

Maniac
Hubby came home from Target with a surprise for me! Sailboat pajama pants! :D I haven't identified all the boats on there yet, but there are even center of force diagrams in there. They're comfy and make me think of sailing (while the boats sit in separate garages). Just had to share the joy!

Thanks, hubby!

What fun clothing surprises have you found out in the wild?

Attachments

• PANTS.jpg
    PANTS.jpg
    532.8 KB · Views: 88
Every sailor should have a pair of those. I think I see a personalized license plate in your future ;)

Those are fantastic! I want some. Just don't wear them to the airport on your next vacation. Please! :)
LOL, definitely not! I've never been one to wear jammies on the plane, though if I were, these would be the ones! All I need now are sailboat slippers ...

Hey - you are in Nebraska. I bought my first Sunfish there (in Omaha). I sailed it every day in the summer in a little lake in our West Omaha subdivision and that's where I learned to love the Sunfish sailboat. I have three of them now and live on the water in a warm climate so I can sail year round (that's why we moved down here). I bet my little lake in Omaha is frozen right now (or very cold). It was just West of Zorinsky in West Bay Woods at the bottom of Nina Street.

I sailed my Sunfish in Branched Oak reservoir near Lincoln several times also.
This is the cradle I used to get the Sunfish down to the lake....
SunfishCradle2.jpg.html

cookwithgas

SunfishCradle2.jpg

WestBayLake.jpg

Love the cart! Unfortunately, we have to trailer to get near water, though there is a little concrete plant lake about a mile from the house. We tried it once and haven't gotten excited to try it again. The ramp is narrow and in a algae-infested wind shadow, so it's difficult and messy to launch from. We haven't tried Zorinsky yet - it was drained last year to get rid of zebra mollusks, and then the drought prevented it from filling back up to a good level. We're going to try out Cunningham and Standing Bear next summer (we ran out of time this year). We learned on Manawa; the sailing club there has a nice ramp, dock, and beach launch. Branched Oak is on our list, too. We could make a camping weekend of it, since it's away from Omaha but an easy drive for two boats.

I'm going to show my husband your cart. I think we might do something like that, since it looks around the trailer height, so if need be, we could just lift the boat over onto the cart and wheel down the congested or crowded ramps.

That was a long time ago. I have since perfected the Sunfish dolly situation. I threw away the cart. I built a simple little two-wheeled thing that slides up in the daggerboard hole from the bottom. I have a few pictures of the "Version 1.0" but I have since added some fat wheels. I trailered the boat to Ft. Walton Beach this summer and the skinny wheels dug into the sand so I have since improved the thing with some fat wheels. I will take a new picture if you are interested. Here is Version 1.0:
My_SunfishDolly2.jpg

My_SunfishDolly.jpg

If that is your backyard that you're sailing past in that photo, I can't imagine a more ideal spot for a Sunfish enthusiast. Especially if that water opens up to a larger body of water. Cool.

Why is
Hey - you are in Nebraska. I bought my first Sunfish there (in Omaha). I sailed it every day in the summer in a little lake in our West Omaha subdivision and that's where I learned to love the Sunfish sailboat. I have three of them now and live on the water in a warm climate so I can sail year round (that's why we moved down here). I bet my little lake in Omaha is frozen right now (or very cold). It was just West of Zorinsky in West Bay Woods at the bottom of Nina Street.

I sailed my Sunfish in Branched Oak reservoir near Lincoln several times also.
This is the cradle I used to get the Sunfish down to the lake....
SunfishCradle2.jpg.html

cookwithgas

SunfishCradle2.jpg

WestBayLake.jpg
Why is the Sunfish logo in the second picture at the bottom of the sail? Should be at the peak on the mast?

Fred

Why is
Why is the Sunfish logo in the second picture at the bottom of the sail? Should be at the peak on the mast?

Fred
That was years ago and it was my first sunfish. It came like that. I have since replaced the sail and adopted two more sunfish. I've replaced all of the important parts on two of them but the third one needs a few parts.

Pat - That photo was taken at the end of my street in Omaha and was only a few acres and it was frozen during the winter months. I have since moved South and have a better back yard that leads to the Gulf of Mexico via Lake Pontchartrain. I bought a bigger boat (see pic) but kept the little orange Sunfish. I sail the sunfish every chance I get since I can have it in the water in minutes.
Port_Side_May_2012.jpg

Emili - Sorry to have Hijacked your post - I still dig your pajama pants !!!!!

Back