Sail Repair

Ginger

I'm wondering if anyone has used Sailfix to repair their sails? I have a red sail and am looking to try to make the most-permanent fix that I can that matches my sail color. If anyone has had success with any product, I would like to know what it is and where you got it! Thanks!

Ginger, it seems like you're having a difficult time finding the tape. I believe Sailfix is the one I've seen at my local store.

I just googled "sail repair tape", give it a try, you will be floored by the number of hits. The stuff is available for everything from sails, umbrellas, awnings, tarps, kites it just goes on and on.

Same Sail Pattern

Ginger, I have the same sail pattern as you. If you find a source for the three colors of tape to match, can you message me with the source.

As an aside, I don't race, so I took the opportunity to increase the jib window size. Slo Sail and Canvas did the work for me. The also replaced the plastic hanks with brass spring pistons that work great. Both projects altogether cost $60.00, two years ago. Not sure if you are interested, but they did such a great job I wanted to put it out there.

Kitefix Repair Tape

Ginger, I have the same sail pattern as you. If you find a source for the three colors of tape to match, can you message me with the source.

As an aside, I don't race, so I took the opportunity to increase the jib window size. Slo Sail and Canvas did the work for me. The also replaced the plastic hanks with brass spring pistons that work great. Both projects altogether cost $60.00, two years ago. Not sure if you are interested, but they did such a great job I wanted to put it out there.

I ordered the Kitefix Fiberfix--it's for kiteboarder's "kites" (that are like parachutes). The Kitefix Fiberfix came with seven colors of tape, but I had to order the"mini repair kit" that contains the gluefix that adheres the tape to the sail. (the mini repair kit only has black and white tape in it). I've attached a picture of the red, white and blue tape against the background of my sail. You can see the red is a little off, but doesn't look bad after installation. I got it from kiteboarding.com out of Corpus Christi, Texas. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Kitefix Sail Tape.jpg
    Kitefix Sail Tape.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Kitefix Sail Tape.jpg
    Kitefix Sail Tape.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Kitefix Sail Tape.jpg
    Kitefix Sail Tape.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Kitefix Sail Tape.jpg
    Kitefix Sail Tape.jpg