Sail Only Option at Intensity Sails

We now have a sail only option at Intensity Sails. If you already have your own Battens, Clew Strap, tell tales, sail tube and numbers. You can now order the sail alone and save. We have plenty in stock shipping now. They are listed as an option under each sail.

Pricing is as follows;

Full Rig is $134.99, Radial is $122.99 & 4.7 for $109.99

Wow. I didn't know practice sails could be acquired for such a low price.

Now I see the big deal. Why pay $700+ when you could pay $135?

Crazy.

Awesome! Now that its legal (vote of 50 to 3) for frostbiting at cpyc most of the fleet have switched to using Intensity sails to take advantage of sailing with a fresh new sail, the Intensity sail trims like a brand new hyde and lasts more than a few races.

We now have a sail only option at Intensity Sails. If you already have your own Battens, Clew Strap, tell tales, sail tube and numbers. You can now order the sail alone and save. We have plenty in stock shipping now. They are listed as an option under each sail.

Pricing is as follows;

Full Rig is $134.99, Radial is $122.99 & 4.7 for $109.99

That's just incredible. You don't happen to make C-15 and/or Lightning sails do you?

I hope you guys realize that every time you buy an Intensity instead of a builder supplied sail the builders don't get that $400.

$400 ges a long way when you are doing al those things the builders do with that $400.

You are all gonna be really sorry when you find out that money was going to support some orphanage or to support Doctors without borders or some similar group.

yoiu guys should really realy consider the possible consequences.

and I seriously doubt they spend all that money on booze and drugs.

I hope you guys realize that every time you buy an Intensity instead of a builder supplied sail the builders don't get that $400.

$400 ges a long way when you are doing al those things the builders do with that $400.

You are all gonna be really sorry when you find out that money was going to support some orphanage or to support Doctors without borders or some similar group.

The builder has had more than enough time to respond and adjust to the "knock off" threat. For years they've been riding a gravy train. The economy and copy sails have ended that ride. LP should have adjusted it's business model to more of a "lean" manufacturing model and then, perhaps, they could have adjusted the class sail price and lived off of $ 200.00/sail instead of the ridiculous $ 400.00/sail, (if that's what it is) for an inferior product. LP had it's chances. They started out w/a bang and have fizzled. The people are now voting in mass and spending their hard earned dollars eleswhere to stay on the water. Hopefully, LP will be able to get it together very soon. Trimming the fat, (a necessary evil to stay alive) A little PR, elimination of product that is a liability, (like overpriced OD sportboats that generate few sales) and back to their core business with a focus on product quality, delivery, and reasonable pricing for sails and the new blocks, (to name a few items) would be a good start. OR, they could sell off the brands that are most attractive to an investor like LASER and generate cash flow to continue chasing the sport boat pipe dream. Either way something will happen, (sooner or later) and nearly 200,000 boats will not just disappear......Perhaps they will be visited by 3 ghosts and wake up on Christmas morning to give Tiny Tim a Merry Christmas!

Its more like $525 and I highly doubt its going to charity, when I buy a sail I don't want to automatically donate $525 to a random charity, I'd rather buy a sail for $135 donate $525 on my own if I could afford it (if it really did go to charity). Its more like $0.05 goes to charity and $524.95 pays for crack. (I assume they are on crack because of bad business practices)

HAHAHA hilarious. I thought the extra funds were going to the needy too. Like the people that need to buy a new company yacht for example, or the ones that need to buy a new corporate jet.

We include 8 black and 4 red 12" self adhesive digital 8s with the complete sail option. These are easily cut to your number and applied to the sail. As these are practice sails they can be applied in whatever position you prefer.

I had a question about something I noticed with my sails. I have one class sail and one Intensity sail.

The battens that came with my Intensity sail seem to be MUCH shorter (like, inches) than the class battens. I haven't tried using the class battens in the practice sail, or vice versa, but it seemed weird to me that they were different lengths.

Am I crazy? Are they actually different lengths?

They are identical length to the class battens. Are you missing the black end caps?
Please measure them and email me directly and we will make sure you get what you need.
Thank you.

They are identical length to the class battens. Are you missing the black end caps?
Please measure them and email me directly and we will make sure you get what you need.
Thank you.

Both of them had the end caps on them. Maybe I'm just going crazy. I'll measure them again when I get home from work.

The sail is working great, by the way. I like knowing that when my sail is sitting there flogging while I wait to launch, it's only a little bit of money getting destroyed instead of a lot of money.

Both of them had the end caps on them. Maybe I'm just going crazy. I'll measure them again when I get home from work.

The sail is working great, by the way. I like knowing that when my sail is sitting there flogging while I wait to launch, it's only a little bit of money getting destroyed instead of a lot of money.

Both of them? You should have 3.

I want to order an intensity sail... Just the sail for $135. Will it come with the numbers? Or do I have to order them separately?

Thank you.
No, Sorry. I bought 2 Intensity sails (0ne radial and one standard) with battens and all the Intensity battens are shorter (up to 3/4") than the battens that came with my North and Hyde sails. The North and Hyde sail battens are all identical in length. The Intensity battens are not.
Can't argue about the price and quality comparison though.

The $135 is for the sail only, no other options. To get the numbers either order the full price sail (still a bargain at $180) that comes with the battens, numbers, etc. or buy the numbers separately.

Back