sail numbers

Zeppo

Who issues sail numbers? Is it national governing bodies / sailmakers as per keel boats or would it be the Sunfish Class organization? I have a SF Pro on order from Vanguard and would prefer to get the numbers applied there. ( I have e-mailed them but they haven't replied )

The class office issues them. The numbers are NOT the same as the number on the sticker in the cockpit. Except for Worlds boats, I have never heard of Vanguard applying numbers. Suggest you ask your dealer to do it (assuming there is a dealer in BC.) Historically Canadians have gotten their numbers from the US office, altho recently a few of your countrymen have made up their own, namely 001, 002 and 003. No idea why they did not just pick 1, 2 and 3.

BB

Thanks Beldar, I did some further research and discovered that for $125.00 cdn the Canadian Yachting Association will bestow a number on me. I think those guys you referred to had a better idea (001,002 etc.) By the way, are those blue and red bruises across your head from the boom?

The Canadian YA is not the right place to get Sunfish sail numbers. Why don't you e-mail the Sunfish class office at [email protected]. They will tell you what a Canadian should do for official Sunfish numbers. BB

By the way, no one ever commented on my head stripes before. I have to wear a helmet sailing and cannot keep my boom as low as the others, so my results suffer a bit. BB

Back