Sail maker

gregwcoats

I stumbled across this sail loft yesterday on my way home from San Francisco yesterday. I have not bought anything from him yet, but will do so. He learned from Tony Morrelli, and then bought all of Tony's stuff when he retired about 4 years ago. He is a very nice person and showed me all of his loft. He welcomes your calls or emails. Give him a try. http://www.slosailandcanvas.com/servlet/StoreFront

Gray polysester vs Top Gun

I bought a cover for my sunfish last year from these folks. They have an Ebay store. The cover was made out of gray polyester. I was looking for something inexpensive and found this at a good price for what I needed. I have no complaints. The mast down winter cover for my 14.2 is made with a material called Top Gun. I have had that cover since 2000. Cost more, but well worth the cost. I think it is bullet proof. :) I bought it from Salty Dog Marine in Brighton, MI. I figured someone in Michigan would know how to make a cover for all conditions. I don't know if they still sell this for the 14.2. Between those two materials, I would never use the gray polyester for a cover for the 14.2. It does exactly what I need for my sunfish, but it is just a sunfish. Again, I am quite happy with these folks. I got exactly what I was looking for.

Back