Sail and blade bags

sblanck

Greetings,

My wife is going to make bags for my sails, spars and blades. I was looking at the bag for the rudder blade and I am curious what folks do with their tiller handle? Do you unbolt it to place it in the bag?

Thanks

I don't have a bag for my rudder/tiller or daggerboard, so I just leave it on.
I guess if I carried a wrench or two, I might unbolt it, but it hasn't seemed to be necessary yet.

btw, is she taking orders?! :)

Sail and spar bag
20160615_211019_zpseviacoaw.jpg

Centerboard bag
20160615_210754_zpsgviiyva9.jpg

She will do the rudder bag and then a bag for holding lines, gloves and what not.

Reactions: tag
I had my wife sew me up some bags from some cotton duck I got at Joannes. She also embroidered the boat name on the bags. As you can see from the pictures the tiller is separate from the udder for ease of transport. I use a wing nut on the bolt that joins them which makes it easy to separate them.
bags - 1.jpg

Reactions: tag
I had my wife sew me up some bags from some cotton duck I got at Joannes. She also embroidered the boat name on the bags. As you can see from the pictures the tiller is separate from the udder for ease of transport. I use a wing nut on the bolt that joins them which makes it easy to separate them.View attachment 20283

A wing nut would be much quicker! need to make a run and get one!!
My rudder is some crazy thing cobbled together by a previous owner so the tiller handle doesnt even fold close to the blade.
makes it a nightmare to transport.

Back