Rustoleum topside primer question

Phillster

I'm considering painting a deck and topside instructions make no reference to apropos primer. I prime everything I paint, esp if exposed to water. What's apropos here?? While topside is readily available at Lowes, marine primer isn't. THANKS

I'm considering painting a deck and topside instructions make no reference to apropos primer. I prime everything I paint, esp if exposed to water. What's apropos here?? While topside is readily available at Lowes, marine primer isn't. THANKS
I just finished using Rust-Oleum Topside and did not use primer. It looks great and covered very well. I did use primer on the hull, and then used Topside poly. I truly did not see a difference. Applied it with a 4" roller and smoothed out with a foam brush to remove roller lines and air bubbles. Also applied VERY generously! 1 quart was enough for my 16' Scorpion.

I just finished using Rust-Oleum Topside and did not use primer. It looks great and covered very well. I did use primer on the hull, and then used Topside poly. I truly did not see a difference. Applied it with a 4" roller and smoothed out with a foam brush to remove roller lines and air bubbles. Also applied VERY generously! 1 quart was enough for my 16' Scorpion.
how long did it take the topside to cure ??

Back