Rooster

sailor327 said:
wut is the best website to order rooster products in the us.
Hi,
because no other one answered your question until today, I try to give you 1 hint:
http://www.jdecm.com/rooster/

Mr. John D-E is also the secretary of ILCA-NA-district 5. And manages the ILCA-NA-website for the masters.

I don´t know exactly if this is the best site in NA to get rooster-products, but one possibility.
Ciao
LooserLu

144679 said:
can u not just have it shiped over from th u.k.?
jon,
nice idea. But I think shiping-costs and bordertax/duty is lower between CAN-USA than between UK-USA.:D
Ciao
LooserLu

You can have it shipped direct from UK. At the moment JDE says you are not charged anything extra bringing stuff into the USA. He has already paid the duty bringing it into CAN. Hence the elevated prices compared to UK prices. Allthough I suspect he pays less for the product and less on duty due to volume ordered and would ultimatley be cheaper then ordering direct from the UK. By no means am I a trade expert but having ordered stuff for a buisiness into CAN vs personally ordering stuff into CAN the first was cheaper although it does not reflect it on the sticker price it is on the final price. You get my meaning? Like the folks that buy stuff from West Marine mail order and not from the local dealer. You get nailed with Shipping and potentially other duties and your cost savings disappear.

Steve.

one note on shipping stuff into CANADA----if you use UPS,they will charge an EXORBITANT handling fee to collect the GST from you!!On top of the UPS shipping cost,,they charge ~$35,even if it's $1,of GST due!!!!----ALWAYS INSIST on parcels via USPS........EG I got 2 sails recently,1 was UPS,1 was USPS---I paid $23 for the USPS,,and $85 for the UPS -with same gst level.

I ordered a hiking stick directly from Rooster and after shiping they wanted almost $400 USD for the thing. I then asked customer service at APS if they could get the same carbon stick from Rooster. They replied that it would take a few weeks, but they would do it and it only cost $160. The only catch was that it actually took almost two months for them to ship it to me...

Back