Road Bases, Trailers & Trolleys

LuckyJack

I am currently on a quest to find a road base for 'Tilly' (my Laser) so I can get up to the lakes. I currently what is a 'Laser Branded' A-Frame Launching trolley which I think is a Bramber, however it has a spike on the front under the bow rather than (what I would expect to be the usual) 'slot' fitting. This spike can also be quite annoying when you are trying to push the trolley back up the beach after launching (and having boat in one hand wanting to sail off without you) as the spike digs in. Out of the twenty or so Lasers at my club I seem to be the only one with this type of attachment? Do I need to get a new trolley as well as road base? Anyone else seen this type of fitting?

You don't see many of the trolleys with spikes on the front anymore but there must be some trailers out there to fit them.

Otherwise, you might be able to pick up a combi trailer (trailer and launch trolley like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAMBER-COMBI...UK_Sporting_Goods_Sailing&hash=item3a5d85c6df) complete and then sell your existing launch trolley to recoup some of the cost. You would easily get £50-£100 for your existing launch trolley (I got £50 on ebay for a broken one that I couldn't be asked to fix myself).

Have a word with people in local clubs too. I was lucky and bought my double stack trailer after a chance conversation with someone at an open meeting who wanted a single laser trailer so we did a part ex. You may well find a bargain that way if someone has an unused trailer sitting in the garage at home.

Have sent out a few emails to 'local' clubs. I seem to live in a bit of a black hole as far as sailing goes. Sail at a river club which is a bit drab and favours the laasic roll tackers more than the laser so maybe moving soon.

The link you have posted is a company down in Essex, I have already talked to them. (The memory of towing an enterbox up the M40 with heavy traffic and a not so good bearing still gives me cold shivers

Really envy you being down on the Solant as sail in the JOG/RORC as well as with the Challenger 72's when I get the chance

Thanks for the tips though, really like the pic ;)

J

Back